The #uniteforsafecare online auction will open on Monday, September 14, 2020, at 12:00 pm (noon) PST and close on Friday, September 18 at 12:pm (noon) PST and is open to residents of the USA using US dollars.
1. All sales are final. Your online bid constitutes a legal contract. No item will be sold for less than its minimum bid. Any bid which does not exceed the previous bid by at least the minimum increment will be considered invalid. The auction official shall have sole discretion to determine the successful bidder or to re-offer and resell any items in dispute. With some items, there may be a reserve price set. This means the original donor does not wish the item sells for less than the reserve.
2. All items are sold “as is.” The Patient Safety Movement (PSMF) makes no warranties, assumption of liability, or representations of any kind with respect to any items, experiences, or services described on the #uniteforsafecare website and sold at the auction. PSMF reserves the right to withdraw any auction lot at any time before the close of the sale.
3. Payment in full on Friday, September 18, is mandatory. Failure to do so will forfeit the item to the next highest bidder. Payment must be made online in US dollars.
4. Estimated shipping costs are built into the value of the auction lot at closeout, so shipping charges and shipping insurance will be charged to the winning bidder. All certificates and items will be sent via FedEx and will require an adult signature upon receipt. Receipt and storage of the item once received is the sole responsibility of the winning bidder. Lost or damaged items after taking receipt of the auction lot are the sole responsibility of the winning bidder.
5. If PSMF is prevented by theft, fire, pandemic, or any other reason whatsoever from delivering any property to the successful bidder, PSMF liability shall be limited to the sum actually paid by the successful bidder and refunded.
6. Reservations for an experience with a notable person must be arranged in advance, with the understanding that scheduling may be subject to change. The winning bidder may not resell or give this privilege to a third party. The PSMF will assist with the scheduling arrangements with the notable person and the winning bidder.
7. Unless otherwise specified, it is suggested that all gift certificates, services, and experiences be used by September 17, 2021. Other restrictions and blackout dates pertaining to the auction lot may be indicated online or on related certificates or documents.
8. Successful bidders should retain the online auction receipt for their records. Values listed on the donor contract form are estimated by the donor and are not warranted by the PSMF. Please consult your tax advisor for specific Internal Revenue Service regulations regarding the deductibility of the auction lot.
9. Once the winning bidder has taken possession of the item, PSMF is no longer responsible for the item, experience or service.
10. THE “BUY IT NOW” BID WILL BE USED TO ALLOW A BIDDER TO GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL WIN A BID BY PAYING THE PREMIUM PRICE. ONCE A BIDDER HAS USED THE “BUY IT NOW” OPTION ON THE WEBSITE, THE BIDDING WILL CLOSE ON THAT ITEM.
Thank you for supporting #uniteforsafecare and the Patient Safety Movement Foundation!